R.N.Gurin, B.S. M.S. Ph.D.
1954 - 1963
University of Sheffield, Nether-Green (UK) Engineering Economics MS Program
UCLA Graduate Studies Economics and Mechanical Engineering PhD
Who's Who 1980
LANGUAGES: English, German (written)
Bob Gurin has been a volunteer member of the pro-bono editing
team for the Bedtime-Story Literacy Project since 1996, and The Quantum Cat since
Board Memberships and Directorships Held
- Chairman - SGI
- Director - Innovative Companies,
- Director - Optical Publishing Company,
- Director - Innovative Technologies Holding AG.
- Director - Multi-Safe AG.
- Chairman - Summerland Engineering Corp.
- Director - Energy Resources Inc.
- Director - A.E.A.
- Director Caribbean Airways Ltd.
- Director - Marine Acoustics Inc.
- Director - Gulf Wood Energy Inc.
- Major Consulting Clients:
Governments of Jamaica, Haiti and Honduras, Chase Industries, University of
Florida, State of Florida Department of Energy, ITH AG
Significant Positions Earned:
- Chief Engineer - Pacific Automation Products Inc. (3,000+ employees)
- Vice President and General Manager - Commerce Service Inc. (2,300 employees)
- Vice President, and Chief Engineer - Precision Interconnect Corp. division
of Pacific Automation R&D (1800 employees including site installation
and field testing)
- Vice President - General Noise Control Corp. Division of Commerce Service
- President - Scientific Baits Inc. (93 employees)
- President - Innovative Companies Inc. (230 employees)
- President - Optical Publishing Inc. (34 employees)
- Designed equipment, developed and received patent for unique
process for extrusion of MIL C-13777 Ground Support System - Atlas Program.
- Designed Hawk Missile Launch System Ground Support Launcher.
- Developed system for ground-support telemetry cabling systems
(Merit Award). First production of ultra high temperature extrusion instrumentation
cable. Developed micro-miniature connector design and fabrication system for
ultra high temperature applications - (Award for Excellence).
- Designed, developed and received patent award for industrial
noise-control and vibration isolation systems for rotating and impact equipment.
- Developed and patented venturi exhaust system for high-speed
marine diesel and airborne jet engine noise suppression/reduction applications.
- Designed, developed patented and directed marketing and production
of OSHA-standard-establishing industrial noise enclosures for high-speed mechanical
equipment (punch presses etc.) (American Machinist Award for Excellence).
- Designed, fabricated and installed world's largest gasification
cogeneration system - Swedish Mechanical Testing Institute, University of
Florida and U.S. Department of Energy.
Developed and Marketed Gatorbait marine attractant/Baits.
- Designed, developed and awarded patent for sophisticated virtual-office
and related manufacturing components.
" Listed Marquis Who's
Who 1980, Dr. Gurin also has high-level PC computer-literacy with limited
RISC, systems engineering, IBM main frame systems experience, excellent comprehension
of e-commerce and related strategies.
Who's Who" was
founded in 1899 by Albert Nelson Marquis as an American counterpoint to
the UK-oriented publication of the same name. The
book's objective was to "chronicle the lives of individuals whose achievements
and contributions to society make them subjects of widespread reference
interest and inquiry."
CONTACT Bob Gurin re consulting
RETURN TO TheQuantumCat.com