3451 S.E. Court Drive Stuart,
e-mail: email@example.com FAX: 800-282-4805
Specification & Protocols
Classroom Computer Learning Station
28" wide* x 24" deep x 28"h
(desk top lowered position)
Adjustable Desk Top 26" w X 24"
deep with forward slide travel of 17"
The Learning Station
Design, Safety and Reliability-Quality
Defines material and performance specifications for fully assembled
and wired, standardized, automated, self-contained, ergonomic, mobile combination
workstation-desks for classroom applications. The 12 volt dc Summerlift
monitor lift permits the unit to work as both a computer workstation and conventional
The monitor, CPU, keyboard and mouse lower behind
a protective sheet metal shroud with powered (12 v dc) raising/lowering
controlled by two-handed OSHA-type safety (the student user
must depress two switches simultaneously to initiate Summerlift
travel). Monitor height positioning is precisely accomplished
by the student (does not require intervention or assistance) .
Optional remote on-off Summerlift power control for teacher management
of multiple student units is available.
- Classwork with computers is safely performed with full security
for components and powered precisely adjustable ergonomically responsible
work heights via powered monitor raising and lowering. Summerlift incorporates
dynamic braking for positive positioning. Summerlift incorporates a float-type
charger on five-year lift battery.
- Summerlift is warranted for 10,000 up/down cycles in normal
use (at 8 up/down cycles per day, five days per week, provides 10,000/40 =
- No exposed sharp corners or "pinch-points".
- Conventional student desk top capabilities are provided when
computer stowed in its lowered position.
In computing mode, the LS 512 permit s full, normal
operation of a single Tower-style PC CPU and monitor (up to 21")
with keyboards and mice on a keyboard pull-out tray positioned
to adjust in height with the monitor/CPU. It is a durable, rugged-service
- The desktop height is adjustable so that the
desk top can be moved over a 8 " height range from 28"
- For smaller students, the desk top is positioned
at 28" height. The height can be varied as needed because
of student height variation.
- Keyboard slide-out provides stable platform.
- Desk top is height-adjustable and at any height,
slides outward to provide in excess of 16" leg clearance
In order to advance in-classroom student use of computers,
workstations that replace conventional schoolroom desks, house
computing equipment permitting safe, ergonomically responsible
functional student use.
- Same space footprint as traditional
- Computer components (monitor, CPU, keyboard and
mouse) must be protected from damage.
- Security provided for computers.
- Variances in student size require adjustable
positioning of computer workstation monitor and keyboard.
- Whole unit mobility, to permit easy in-class positioning of
students into study groups.
NOTE: Type of mobility features
(wheels, casters, sliders, Lift&Roll, or other) on LS-512 or LS model
extensions, (LS-512P, LS-B52, LS-512PLecterns, etc), are determined by specific
siting environment (i.e. - floor coverings, wired/wireless networking, etc)
as described by customer.
- Combination computer workstation enclosure/desks
must be safe and attractive; reliable and long-lasting, environmentally
sound and economical.
Licensees maintain manufacturing plant capability
adequate to satisfactorily supply market demands for Student Learning
Stations within licensed territory and, comply with all applicable
federal, state and municipal laws, codes and regulations regarding
or pertaining to the operation of its plant, plants of sub-licensees,
contractors and subcontractors, and shall maintain the plant(s)
in a clean, wholesome condition. All manufacturing pursuant to
the requirements of this specification conforms to high professional
standards. Licensees comply with best trade and industry practices,
and with instructions, specifications and drawings
LS-512 units withstand temperatures up to and including
140 F and are resistant to:
- Vermin (non-nutrient)
- Mechanical wear and tear normal to classroom
- Chemicals present in normal classroom environment
- The cabinetry has physical characteristics per USCS45-60
with heavy-duty exterior wear and abrasion resistant facing. The cabinetry
is multi-ply 3/4" cabinet-grade plywood having physical characteristics
- No Particle Board, MDF or other compressed materials are
- Interior surfaces, desktop and keyboard tray are finished
with high-pressure laminate applied and adhered in accordance with manufacturers
recommendation without discoloration, bubbles or raised areas; all joints
shall be without visible gaps; edges without damage, fraying, rips, drill
holes or other fabrication-caused marks.
- All exposed cabinetry edges are edge-banded.
- Screw covers enclose exposed screws on the interior surfaces.
- Exterior Finishes are multi part furniture finishes applied
in accordance with OSHA and Environmental guidelines, codes, regulations and
- Sheet metal components are fabricated from 1018
CRS (cold rolled pickled and oiled sheet stock) in accordance
with ASTM A366 16 gage.
- All metal parts are to be cadmium or equal electroplated for
corrosion protection prior to application of final powder coat finish.
- Sheet metal parts are smooth, without sharp edges;
all welds are smooth.
ELECTRICAL and DATA CABLING:
- Electrical power (110v) input for monitor, CPU and float charger
is brought to a surge protected power strip located within the monitor CPU
- Monitor power and data cables are easily connected within the
monitor/ CPU compartment.
- Keyboard and mouse cables feed through a port to the keyboard/mouse
pullout tray. The keyboard tray has a safety switch requiring full keyboard
insertion prior to Summerlift activation.
- CPU Power lead and monitor power lead are connected to surge
protected outlet strip.
- All electrical components are UL approved and comply with applicable
portions of the N.E.C..
- All wiring and connector installation and assembly practices
conform to highest industry standards and fully comply with ANSI, GSA, CSA
(Canada), NEC, NEMA, NFPA, OSHA, UL (Hospital Grade High-Abuse) and Southern
Building Code standards and specifications for continuous 15 Amp service.
PACKAGING FOR SHIPMENT :
Units are fully assembled and packaged for conventional US domestic
shipment. Unit may be pallet mounted for shipment. Appropriate and adequate
corner protection is provided. Setup involves powering
the units, raising the Summerlift to provide clearance for inserting monitor
and CPU. CPU and monitor cables are interconnected, mouse and keyboard cables
plugged in and power cords are connected to the surge protection strip.
The products Warranty does not apply to appearance items,
accessories, or any printed materials. Component warranties such as Summerlifts
10,000 cycle warranty extend beyond one year but are limited to the first purchaser.
Summerland/AM Equipment warrants to Buyer of LS-512 (also LS-512P,
LS-B52, K-4 and other LS-style models) that all goods furnished are of good
quality and new, fit for the purpose intended and free of manufacturing and
design defects for a period of one year after installation and Summerland shall
repair or replace, at its option and at no cost to Buyer, any goods that exhibit
material defects within the warranty period such defects are not attributable
to neglect, abuse, or improper use or installation. Summerland cannot and does
not warrant that all goods will conform to state and local codes and regulations
in the state of final destination.. In no event shall Summerland or AM Equipment,
Inc. be liable, or in any way be held responsible for any damages or defects
in model LS-512 which were caused by repairs or attempted repairs performed
by anyone other than Summerland/AM Equipment authorized service. Nor shall The
Summerland Group and/or AM Equipment, Inc. be liable, or in any way responsible,
for any incidental or consequential economic or property damage. In order to
assert rights under this warranty. Buyer must notify Summerland, in writing,
of the defective goods and the nature of any defect within three weeks of discovery
of any defect.
Return to LS-Models of The OFFICE